I am an advocate of the High Court of Kenya, solicitor of England and Wales and professional company secretary.I have been in legal practice in Kenya since 1998 when I established Amit Gadhia & Associates in 1999 in the lakeside city of Kisumu, Kenya. I was also a senior partner in a law firm in Nairobi from 2003 to 2013.
Besides being a co-founder of two successful law firms in the past, I have considerable experience in establishing business start-ups which includes a medical laboratory, an education consultancy and operating an international UK franchise.
When I am not in the office I can be found in the gym, trekking in the countryside, enjoying a good book or proudly cheering my favourite football team Arsenal at the Emirates stadium with my son.
My qualifications and credentials include:
- LL.B (Hons) – Cardiff University, Wales, UK
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Solicitor of England and Wales
- Certified International Privacy Professional – Europe (CIPP/E)
- Certified Public Secretary (Kenya) – ICS Kenya
- Associate of the Chartered Governance Institute (ACG) – United Kingdom
- Diploma in Law – Kenya School of Law
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme – Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (United Kingdom and Kenya)
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Notary Public