Company Secretary Services in Kenya.
I am a company secretary based in Nairobi, Kenya with over 23 years of experience in providing company secretarial and related services in Kenya. I am dual qualified company secretary with the Institute of Certified Secretaries (ICS) in Kenya and the Chartered Governance Institute UK and Ireland.
As a dual qualified lawyer, in addition to company secretarial services, I offer wide ranging legal services for businesses of all sizes within Kenya and internationally. This includes advise on the Companies Act 2015 which places considerable obligations on companies, its directors and all stakeholders. Whether you are a private or a public company you are required to adhere to the mandatory statutory obligations under the Act.
For all my services I use secure cloud based legal technology which can be accessed by my clients from anywhere in the world. This helps me in providing tailor made customised solutions for company secretarial requirements to my clients.
To keep my current and potential clients informed of various aspects on company secretarial services and company law, I have developed a portal for FAQ’s which will aim to answer most common questions with regards to companies in Kenya.
Online Company Secretarial Services
With the current restraints of COVID-19, I have developed a full range of online company secretarial services thus minimising physical human contact while ensuring strict compliance with the requirements of the Companies Act 2015. Some of my online company services include:
- Online company incorporation
- Online annual general meeting
- Online board of directors meeting
- Online filing of annual company returns and statutory registers
- Live online and real time collaboration between parties in different jurisdictions
With the digitisation of the Kenya Companies Registry, most company secretarial services can be completed online from the comfort of your office or home.As I strive to build and foster long term relationships with my clients, I continue inform them of new developments in the law specifically in relation to the area of corporate governance and company law.
Most small and medium size businesses cannot justify the expense or the commitment of employing a full time company secretary. I am able to provide bespoke company secretarial service and company law advice with client’s business objectives in mind at all times.
Some of the key company secretary services I provide include:
- Company incorporation.
- Change of name or name swap.
- Register the appointment and resignation of directors and secretaries.
- Change officer addresses at Companies Registry.
- Prepare and file the Annual Returns.
- Change accounting reference dates.
- Preparation for meetings and circulation of notices and agenda.
- Preparation of chairman’s report.
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes and circulation.
- Share issue and transfer.
- Custody of statutory register of directors and shareholders.
- Exectution of documents.
- Company secretarial due diligence.
- Change registered address.
- Act as registered office (optional).
- Provide telephone support and advice regarding company secretarial matters.
- Corporate governance consultancy services.
If you need further assistance beyond my typical services I can tailor my services suitable for your organisation. Please contact me to discuss your company secretary requirements.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (practicing freelance)
- Certified International Privacy Professional-Europe (CIPP/E)
- OneTrust Fellow of Privacy Technology
- Corporate Governance Professional (ICSA – UK)
- Certified Company Secretary (Kenya)
- Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public